We have an exciting opportunity available for a dynamic and proactive Field Sales Engineer, with HVAC experience who is based within the North of England or Scotland.
The Field Sales Engineer will develop and nurture the business plan and targets set for your Business Region by creating a balance between reactive and proactive selling to existing and new customers as well as developing relationships with OEMs and key accounts. Your role will involve working closely with the sales team, pre sales team and marketing to create an effective plan for your territory combined with the implementation of the internal sales training programme (Application Development Programme).
The role is ideally suited for someone dynamic and very pro-active with a Mechanical or Electrical Engineer / Technician background and experience in the HVAC Industry who is looking for a career advancement as part of the Munters organisation.
The position is fully remote/field based and sits within Munters UK business. Our main UK office is situated in Wyboston, Bedfordshire but we are looking for someone based within the North of England or Scotland who is able to cover this sales region; occasional travel to the office and other parts of the UK will also be required for meetings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promoting Munters or Munters approved products, solutions and services whilst maintaining margin management to hit or exceed yearly targets.
- Effective proactivity to consultants, contractors, end users, distributors and OEM’s operating within your territory whilst maintaining a quality response to reactive opportunities
- Be competent in managing and creating your own engineering and design solutions
- Develop knowledge of the Air Tech business, mainly dehumidification systems and their applications within the segments Munters operate within
- Compile proposals, cost sheets and all associated documentation required in preparing our offer to the customer
- Careful planning and territory management
- Sales forecasting
- Maintaining good customer relationships through face to face contact and effective communication.
- Handling customer complaints
- Working to clear, timely objectives and goals
- Evaluate and negotiate terms and conditions of sales including payment terms
- Ensure work instructions are in accordance with company QA policy
- Maintaining education and development of company products and services
- Prioritising & coordinating activity using the Salesforce CRM system
- Suggest and develop new ideas and markets then report ideas to Sales Manager
- Initiate proactive campaigns in markets with main focus on Food and Pharmaceutical
- Raise company profile in target markets through effective CPD seminars
- Quantify customer benefits in commercial terms adopting our sales messaging programme
- Present professional image as competent in delivering climatic control solutions
- Participate in professional industry groups as a means of networking
- Work closely with team members in their geographic regions
- Monitor and report on competitor activity within the Food industry
- Updating Salesforce CRM diary and activity reports including sales visits in Salesforce
- Carry out own administration using Salesforce and other allocated software on matters such as expenses. All expenses are to be submitted monthly to line manager
- Minimum of a Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Proven Sales / Business Development experience
- Knowledge and understanding in HVAC Industry
- Previous experience with Capital Sales
- Willing to travel and stay away frequently
- Strong proactive customer orientation
- Confidence with Networking/Planning
- Confidence with delivering power point presentations
- Experience with CRM Tool, preferable Salesforce
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
If you think this could be the right role for you, please don't hesitate to submit your application and get in touch now!